I thought perhaps a few bits should be compiled on one page - you know, get familiar with our subject while taking out some of the trash. For most of the info on this page you'll find elaborations elsewhere on this site. If they or their sources aren't already up, then they will be. Here we go:
Errol Leslie Thomson Flynn
(He later dropped "Leslie")
June 20, 1909
Hobart, Tas Australia
October 14, 1959
Vancouver BC, Canada
6 ft 2½ inches
Medium reddish brown with blonde highlights
The top two loves are interchangeable
- the sea
- writing & reading
- freaking people out
Married With ChildrenErrol Flynn was married three times, and fathered children with each marriage:
(These are just the legitimate children. Errol Flynn was kind of like the Captain Kirk of the South Seas & Hollywood, so a true accounting of offspring might never be available.)
- One son with actress Lily Damita
- Two daughters by Nora Eddington
- One daughter by actress Patrice Wymore
Where are his kids?
- His son Sean went first into acting, then became a journalist photographer. He was killed presumably by North Vietnamese. It's a long, bizarre, and unpleasant story.
- His daughter Diedre allegedly went into stuntwork.
- His daughter Rory first pursued modeling. She is now a photographer.
- His daughter Arnella modelled for the Ford Agency. Regrettably, she passed on in September, 1997.
- Errol Flynn was a direct descendant on his mother's side of Midshipman Young from the HMS Bounty.
- Errol Flynn was heterosexual.
- Errol Flynn became an American Citizen in 1942.
- Errol Flynn was not a Nazi, nor had he ever supported the Nazi Party.
- Errol Flynn was not anti-semitic.
- Errol Flynn was not Catholic.
- Errol Flynn never lived in Ireland.
What about that statutory rape trial?
Based on what I've uncovered:
- Betty Hanson's story was a fabrication.
- Peggy Satterlee may well have spent a romantic weekend on The Sirocco, but her story probably doesn't resemble the one she told the court.
All original contents (writing, graphics) ęD.David and may not be used without permission